A. Opening Lines
● I hope you had a good weekend.
● I hope you had a great trip.
● Hope you had a nice break.
● I hope you are well.
● I hope all is well.
● Hope you’re enjoying your holiday.
● I hope this email finds you well.
● I hope you enjoyed the event.
● I’m glad we had a chance to chat at the convention.
● It was great to see you on Thursday.
● It was a pleasure to meet you yesterday.
● I am writing to you about our last meeting/your presentation yesterday/our next event.
● I am writing to you with regards to/regarding/concerning/in connection with…
● I am writing to ask/enquire/let you know/confirm/check/invite you to/to update you
on/ask for a favor…
● I am writing you to follow up on…
● I am contacting you to inform…
● I am reaching out because…
● This is just a quick note to…
● This is just a quick reminder…
● I wanted to let you know that…
● Might I take a moment of your time to… (very formal)
● It’s [Your Name] from [Your Company].
● This email is just to let you know that…
● I just got your request for…
● I just read your email about…
● As we discussed, I would like to send you…
● Thank you for your email about…
● Thanks for your email this morning/yesterday/on Wednesday/last month…
● Thanks for your feedback on/your invitation/your suggestion
● Thanks for sending/asking about/attending
● Thanks for your quick reply.
● Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
● Thank you for reaching out (to me).
● Sorry for my late reply.
● Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.
● I apologize for the late response.
● Sorry it’s been so long since my last email.
● I was sorry to hear about…
● Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
B. Body Lines
● I’ve attached…
● Please find [file] attached.
● I’m enclosing [file].
● Please see the information below for more details about…
● The parts in bold/in red/in blue are my comments/are the changes we made.
● Here’s the document that you asked for,
● I’ve attached [file] for your review.
● I’m sending you [file] as a pdf file.
● The attached file contains…
● Could you please sign the attached form and send it back to us by [date]?
● Here’s the [document] we discussed.
● [file] is attached.
● Please take a look at the attached file.
● Take a look at the [file] I’ve attached to this email.
● I’ve attached [file].
● Please note that…
● Could you please…?
● Could you possibly tell me…?
● Can you please fill out this form?
● I’d really appreciate it if you could…
● I’d be very grateful if you could…
● It would be very helpful if you could send us/me…
● I was wondering if you could/if you would be able to…
● If possible, I’d like to know (more) about…
● Please find my two main questions below.
● I didn’t/don’t fully understand [something]. Could you please explain that again?
● I didn’t quite get your point about [something]. Could you be more specific?
● Could you repeat what you said about…?
● Could you give us some more details on…?
● If you could please shed some light on this topic, I would really appreciate it.
● Could you please clarify [something]?
● Could you please clarify when you would like us to finish this?
● When exactly are you expecting to have this feature?
● Here are the details on…
● Could you please clarify what you would like us to do about…?
● If I understood you correctly, you would like me to…
● What exactly do you mean by [something]?
● Could you explain what you mean by [something]?
● In other words, would you like us to…
● Thank you for letting me know.
● Thank you for the heads up.
● Thank you for the notice.
● Please note…
● Quick reminder…
● Just a quick/friendly reminder that…
● Thank you for sharing.
● I’d like to inform you that…
● Just a quick heads up -
● Thanks for keeping me in the loop.
● Please keep me informed/posted/updated/in the loop.
● Please let me know if this is OK with you.
● What are your thoughts (on this)?
● What do you think?
● Please let me know what you think.
● We just need the thumbs up/the green light. (=we’re waiting for approval)
● You (totally) have the green light!
● He approved of it, so you can go ahead with the project.
● I’d like to schedule a meeting on [day] if you are available/free then.
● I am available on [day], if that’s convenient for you.
● Would you be available on [day]?If so, I’ll send you an invite shortly.
● Can you make it on [day]?If so, I’ll book accordingly.
● I’m afraid I can’t make it on [day]. How about…?
● (Due to…) I’m afraid we need to reschedule/delay/postpone/put back/cancel/call off/move/rearrange our meeting.
● We are sorry to inform you that the interview/meeting scheduled for [day] will have to be rescheduled.
● Unfortunately, …
● Unfortunately, we cannot/we are unable to …
● I’m afraid it will not be possible to…
● Unfortunately, I have to tell you that…
● I’m afraid that we can’t…
● We regret to inform you that…
● I regret to inform you that (due to…) …
● After careful consideration we have decided (not) to …
● Due to [reason], it won’t be possible to…
● It’s against company policy to…
● I tried my best, but…
● Despite my best efforts, …
● I can’t see how…
● I’m sorry but it’s out of my hands.
● I’m afraid I won’t be able to…
● I’m sorry to tell you that…
● Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
● I look forward to hearing from you soon.
● Please let me know if this works/if you are available/if that sounds good/if you can/if you
can help/if you need to reschedule…
● I look forward to seeing/meeting you.
● See you on Thursday/next week.
● Thank you in advance.
● Thank you for everything.
● Any feedback you can give me on this would be greatly/highly/much appreciated.
● If you could have it ready by tomorrow/the end of next week, I would really appreciate it.
● I would appreciate your help in this matter.
● I hope you find this helpful.
● I hope it’s clearer now.
● I hope that answers all your questions.
● If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.
● Let me know if you need any help.
● For further details…
● If you have any (more) questions (about)…
● In the meantime, if you need any more information,
● I you need more information/more info/further information,
● I know that’s a lot to take in, so let me know if anything I’ve said doesn’t make sense.
● … please do not hesitate to contact me.
● … please feel free to contact me/to get in touch.
● … please let me know.
● … drop me an email/drop me a line.
● Thanks for your understanding/for your patience.
● Thanks again for your understanding/for your patience.
● Once again, please accept our apologies for any/the inconvenience caused / for the delay/
for the misunderstanding.
● I hope this is okay with you.
● I really hope we can find a solution soon.
● I hope you can understand.
● Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.
● Best regards,
● All the best,
● Best wishes,
● Have a great weekend!
● Have a wonderful day!